Let us showcase our 2.8-acre campus, 3 – 21,000-gallon tanks, and the wide variety of high-tech commercial diving helmets and gear that is available to you!
Our Admission Director or one of our highly qualified instructors will provide a tour to help you understand the ins and outs of what our campus has to offer.
Don’t delay, come to visit Commercial Divers International at our Goodyear, Arizona campus today!
1. Divers should bring comfortable swim gear, sandals, and a large beach-style towel. Several changing-rooms and lockers (bring your own padlock) are available on-site.
2. Divers must be in overall good health, not pregnant, and capable of supporting a 40 lb. helmet on their head/shoulders (helmet becomes neutral while underwater).
3. We are unable to accommodate divers with chronic breathing problems such as Asthma, and we cannot allow intoxicated persons to complete the dives.
4. Please be advised that long beards may prevent the helmet from sealing correctly and may require you to cut it on site if you wish to complete the dive. Short facial hair is fine.
5. For most dives, we will have underwater video equipment in place to record your activities from inside the tank. Photos/videos of the diver suiting up and through the viewing windows by family/friends is always encouraged, though we must ask that you not bring any of your own devices into the tank for safety reasons. You may purchase the raw underwater footage for $25 ($5 for students/military with current ID), or the raw footage as well as an edited version highlighting the facility, your name, exciting moments, and other content you might request for $50 ($30 for students/military with current ID).
6. A signed Helmet Experience Medical Waiver (click to view).
WHAT TO BRING
THE SKILLS YOU'LL LEARN AT CDI WON'T LIMIT YOU TO ONE CAREER TRACK. YOUR TRAINING CAN TAKE YOU TO THE CONSTRUCTION, COMMERCIAL FISHING, OFFSHORE DRILLING, TOPSIDE/UNDERWATER WELDING, OR HYPERBARIC MEDICINE INDUSTRIES.
START YOUR FUTURE.TODAY
Commercial Divers International is excited to be the only diver training school in the country offering anyone in appropriate physical shape a chance to experience the conditions an underwater, surface-supplied diver faces. The full-helmet diver experience is a great chance for people hoping to better their life working in the commercial diving industry get acquainted with the equipment they will be using in the field before committing to a 7-month program, and is also geared towards anyone looking to enjoy the thrill.
The diver experience is a half-day beginning with an approximately twenty minute safety and training video, then two separate dives in our facilities’ training tanks, with a total underwater time of about 30 – 60 minutes per individual diver.
Typical underwater activities include simulated flanging up of a pipeline, mechanical construction projects, mechanical puzzles, limited visibility puzzles, and more. Specific tank setup and activity will depend on your booking date, and please feel free to let us know if there is something specific you are interested in doing while underwater.
Our tanks have great visibility and side viewing windows for family and friends to watch or record the dive, though unfortunately we must ask you not to bring any devices underwater for safety reasons.
We have our own cameras setup in the tank and are able to provide you with the footage of your dive for a small additional fee.